Wild Wilderness Women (WWW) is a Washington, D.C.-based group for adventurous women. We act as a landing point for both women who are new to the area, as well as those who call this city home, to find a community of sistership. We offer wilderness experience in a city not traditionally known for its recreationists. We foster connection in a city constantly in transition, and create a lasting network of women across the world, as WWW members move out of the D.C. area.
When members move out of D.C. to expand their work and dreams in other locales, they have the opportunity to become Wilderness Ambassadors of WWW. Wilderness Ambassadors carry on the mission of WWW and provide a point of contact for other women in the area who are looking for adventure pals. In addition, all members, whether still in D.C. or off adventuring on a new path, have the opportunity to remain connected through our annual adventure and retreat, Babes Off the Beaten Path.
There are many ways to get involved with WWW—we welcome you!
The mission of Wild Wilderness Women is to build friendships, foster good feels, and empower women by being a visible encouragement and champion for other women to get outdoors and engage meaningfully with one another.
A world where women feel confident, connected, and fulfilled through shared adventure, support, and conversation with one another.
- Positive verbalization and visualization of women in the outdoors is vital for counteracting the barriers established when “you can’t be what you can’t see.”
- Nature is a critical medium for fostering healing, empowerment, and deeper connection to the feminine.
- Impactful results are achieved when women partner and build friendships.
- Interpersonal nourishment and fulfillment is dependent upon meaningful presence and communication with others.
- Wilderness affords the space and pace needed to self-reflect on one’s identity and purpose in an undistracted, expansive environment.
Header photo credit: Ashley Barry